This weekend on Oct 3rd-4th 2020 we will be doing a work weekend to help get some projects done at TR!
Come help out, and have a good time!
We will be camping Saturday night on-site, and likely some caving Saturday night/Sunday.
Here are a list of things we will be doing this weekend!
• Build a patio near the cave entrance
• Run a short electrical line
• Paint kiosks
• Install new kiosk signs
• Install car access gate
• Remove Home Depot buckets from saltpeter vats and replace signs
• Run protective rope around certain sensitive areas to keep people off of them
• Remove graffiti from cave walls
Timezone warning: the time listed is in Eastern Standard Time, but the cave is in Alabama (Central timezone). Plan accordingly, or you'll find that you missed us by an hour and will not be able to get into the cave. DCG ALWAYS uses Eastern Timezone, even if the event is in a different timezone. Cell phones will jump to the Central Timezone while you are still in the Eastern Timezone when they get close to the tower, so be aware of this, too.
Also, remember that we never share cave names or locations online. We are trusting you with this cave name and location. As with all caves, keep this info off of social media. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.
To join us, you will need to bring:
- a helmet with mounted light and new/fresh batteries
- spare batteries for your light if you bring your own helmet/light
- cheap gloves
- cheap kneepads
- sturdy boots/shoes
- lunch/snacks for eating in the cave
- water(suggest around a liter/person)
- extra layer (suggest a light jacket/sweatshirt)
- backpack to carry your gear so your hands will be free to move in the cave
- Any medicine you need (please let me know of ANY conditions you have!)
I highly suggest bringing a change of clothes/shoes for when you exit the cave (to keep your car clean) and a bag to put your dirty clothes in after you change. A towel helps, too.
Because this is an SCCi Preserve, each person on this trip must sign the release for the permit.
The link to this release will be contained in the confirmation email sent after you have completed the RSVP
Failure to sign the release will result in your registration being cancelled.
If you have any questions, reach out to Brandon Balkcom either via email or Facebook.
You can sign the permit here.